Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lee is 30!

Lee turned 30 on Sunday. He really likes chocolate cake but I discovered we didn't have any mixes so I decided to make one from scratch. Cakes never really turn out that well for me, (they either make a funny mound or sink in the middle) but this one turned out surprisingly nice and was also super yummy!
Something fun we have been doing is letting the girls pick out the presents to give at the dollar store. They pick out some random things sometimes but we try to let them pick anything they want to give as a gift. (Taylor got Lee a pack of zip ties last Christmas even though she had no idea what they were...). I think they did pretty good this year for his birthday, even if they DID pick out things they would like. Kadie gave Lee those little pill things that you put in water and the case dissolves to reveal a small foam animal. These were dinosaurs. I think they had more fun than he did, but it was a nice present for them to all do together!
Taylor had a hard time choosing a gift for her daddy, but she finally decided on twisty straws. They made a nice addition to the root beer floats we had with dinner. Here's Lee with the green one:
I can't believe that Lee is 30. (Especially since it means I am only a few years behind him!) I love him more every year and I look forward to spending many more birthdays together.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Lee!!!

Kristy said...

I think that is cool that the girls pic a gift from the dollar store. How fun! Happy B-day Lee!