Monday, August 26, 2013

Great to be Eight!

 Now that the craziness of life has settled back down with the routine that comes with school starting, I will get back to blogging.  Taylor turned 8 in July!  She had a party with family and some of her friends.  Like Kadie, She had a pinata with the ribbon trap door.
 I think she was excited to get a lamp...she had been asking for one of her own for a while...
 Patiently watching sister open presents:
 Getting a little bored...
 Over it...It is hard to watch a sister open presents and not have any of them belong to you!)
 Taylor picked out her cake from the store.  We had family coming and going and a baptism to get ready for so I didn't take the time to make one. (I see other mom's make these amazing themed cakes and cool ideas from pinterest, but I don't think that is skill I will ever attempt to master)  She thought the chocolate flowers on this one were pretty.

 Taylor with MOST of her birthday gear.  She got a set of scriptures from Grandma and Grandpa Ferris that we forgot to put in the photo.  We also took her by herself to Build-A-Bear so she could build her own bear.  That is a tradition we are going to have when they turn eight!  (I am trying to get those pictures off of Lee's Ipod but haven't got that far yet...).  I think somebody was spoiled!!!

No comments: