Sunday, January 22, 2012

You can never have too many shoes...

Kim joined in on the world of footwear with her first pair of shoes (bought specifically for her).  Finding shoes for her is impossibly hard!  She has the tiniest but fattest feet on the planet!  She is about a size two, but it is hard to find any that fit over her "bee sting" feet (as we like to call them).  She is just barely walking, so I splurged and got some Robeez.  They are great.  She can't pull them off and they don't fall off when she crawls around either, but they have the soft soles. 
 
Last night my mom and I took the bigger girls to a BYU dance performance at the local college.  They had to nap in preparation since it didn't start until after the time they are usually in bed by.  It was really uplifting.  Taylor really enjoyed it and wants to dance like that someday.  She waited on the stairs when it was over to be sure to shake some of the dancers' hands.  We thought a dance style from India was the coolest.  The poor dancers-I bet they were exhausted because it didn't seem like they had a lot of time to change and be back on stage for the next number!  
 I'll end with a funny picture.  I was jiggling Kadie across my knees when Kim crawled up and wanted up.  I put Kim on top of Kadie and did the same thing.  Then, of course, Taylor wanted to join in.  I took them all off and made a jiggly girl sandwich!

2 comments:

Cheryl Justice Armajo said...

I liked the India numbers the best too. We hosted to boys, one was a dancer from Maldova and the other was a sound guy from Utah. The dancer looked like he had been through a war! He was so tired! Was fun to watch the performance and then get to have a couple of them in our home. The dancer was a non member too. He had been a foreign exchange student and lived in Utah with a member family whose kids went to BYU. He said the education in his country was not very good and came here to go to BYU.

Liz said...

I love the stacking girls!! We used to do that with horny toads in my science class... :)