Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A post about me...

A lot of my posts are about the kids, but I never really put much about my self.  Anyone curious about what I am up to these day?  To start with, I am currently working at a daycare.  I was working half-days, but recently extended my days a little longer.  The older girls really like going and would complain that they didn't get to go, so if I work a few more hours a day, they get to spend a little time there playing rather than just going to school and then home.  The best part about it is that I am in the same room as Kim.  I get all my work done, but still get to be a part of her day!   We started out in the baby room back when she was seven weeks old, but now we are in the one's.  Up to fifteen one-year-old kids can make for a crazy day, but I like spending the day with Kim and my other girls are close by.
 
At work, we are in the final three weeks of a biggest loser contest.  I have been going back and forth with the owner for first place.  It has been fun to push myself and I can hopefully win it and get a little spending money for new clothes.  It is awesome to be the master over at least one aspect of my life!  To date, I have lost 20 lbs and hope to lose about 4 more.  After doing that, I will weight a little less than what I did before having kids!  I am excited.  (As it stands, Taylor only has claim on about two pounds and then all my 'baby' weight will be gone!)  I was fine with the way I looked before starting, but it is fun to set a goal and try to reach it.
As always,my favorite hobby is reading.  I have a Kindle Fire and I love, love, love it.  Moving past that, one of my new favorite things to do is trying new recipes.  I am super excited.  Last week I splurged and bought myself a scotch laminator.  I don't know why, but I have always wanted one. I have been transferring my favorite recipes onto note cards and then laminating them.  It will be nice to have all my favorite recipes in one spot.  Well that's pretty much it in my life right now.  Tune in next week to see more about the kids!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Fun to read a little about you! I have always wanted a laminator too, but have yet to get one still. :) Way to go with your contest at work! That is AWESOME!! I may be coming to you for tips once this baby is here. :)