Friday, January 29, 2010

Guess who got her ears pierced?

We've had lots of discussion at our house lately about Taylor putting "Pretties" in her ears. My older sister got her ears pierced at eight and I begged and begged until I was able to get them at the same time at the age of 5. I was not against her getting them but after learning about what happens Taylor didn't like the idea of getting her ears "pinched." Today she was watching Dora and saw that someone had earrings in their ears so she declared that she wanted some too.

Taylor was quite the trooper. She sat on my lap and I could feel her flinch as they put them in. She only cried for about 5 seconds and then was easily distracted with a sucker and the items at Claire's. She picked little pink flowers and they are pretty cute! You can kind of see them in the photo although she wasn't too happy at the moment.
Bless her heart, you can still see the remainder of her tears...
All in all, she is pretty excited about having pink flowers in her ears and talks about them constantly.

2 comments:

Mama Ferris said...

Taylor,
They are beautiful. Grandma wants to get you your second pair of earrings today, if you don't already have a second pair.
Love YOU

Liz said...

How adorable! I can't believe she took it so well. I'd would have had to hide at the other end of the store so I didn't cry (as her mother). It's probably a good thing I have boys!!