Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kimberly Jane Crook

Kimberly Jane Crook joined our family via a scheduled c-section on December 21st at 8:10 a.m. She was 19 inches long and weighed 7lbs, 30z. She came out screaming and healthy! The c-section wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I spent a lot of time being psyched out and worrying about it being bad, but it was actually easier (physically) than it was to have Kadie. Mentally, it was another story. I think it is really hard to go into a major surgery knowing it is going to happen. From the time I talked to the anesthesiologist until I heard her cry, it was hard to go through. There were a few minutes were I was thinking "I don't want to do this!" and thinking being knocked out wouldn't be too bad... However, hearing Kimberly cry for the first time made every second worth it!
I had to go to recovery for a while and didn't get to hold her right away. They actually brought her to me wrapped in a Christmas sock with a red and green hat when I finally got to hold her. Too cute! Here she is swaddled in her hospital bassinet:
I love the little knit hats they give you! We both did really well and went home on the 23rd. I'm glad we got everything done early for Christmas this year. Here she is in her going home outfit:
First car-seat ride:

1 comment:

Liz said...

We just bought those same pajamas for Emma!! With the same pajamas and car seat, we might mistake these two girls for twins...wink, wink!