Monday, January 10, 2011

You know you're sleep deprived when...

So I have a funny story to tell. I am currently using the Playtex bottles with the drop-in liners (pictured below) because it is nice to not have to scrub out the bottom of the bottle and because I think it is more sanitary during cold and flu season. I was making Kimberly a bottle in the middle of the night. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that I had not put a liner in the bottle I was making. I scooped in formula, and poured in the water. The water poured out the slits on the side of the bottle and I'm standing there going "what the heck?" and thinking the liner had a hole. Then it hit me that there was NO liner there. I picked up the bottle and there was a nice wet clump of formula stuck to the counter and water everywhere. Whoops!


4 comments:

Liz said...

Nice!!! That's not as bad as when I changed Chase's diaper and put him back in his crib without a new one on!! YUCK!!

:) Oh, the things we'll laugh about later in life!

Julie said...

I know how you feel...so I have a solution because I use the same bottles. What I do is while I am not so sleep deprived, I actually put the liner in the bottle and put the formula in too and then all I have to do in the middle of the night is put the water in and be done. I was also just recently caught being sleep deprived....my SIL came into my house while I was sleeping and nursing James and left without me knowing she was even there!

Ryan and Melissa said...

Sounds like something I'd do! Hopefully you're getting some naps in because it doesn't sound like you're getting much sleep at night. :( The joys of newborns! I guess the positives do out weigh the negatives, though.

Kristy said...

I remember falling asleep on the floor after a hard night with lincoln while Aurianna practiced her Kungfu (poo poo) panda on me. I never moved. We still laugh about that.. Zombie Mommie!!!!!!!!