Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving

 Sorry for the delays in posting.  It seems that the blogger changed their policy over the last couple weeks and now I have to PAY to blog.  Kind of dumb if you ask me, but I like to do it.  I figure it is my picture/journal insurance so that if my house ever burns down, I will still have my favorite pictures.  Now I can go back to blogging as normal...

We did these trees for family home evening one night and the girls ran with it.  I had to post a picture because I think they turned out so cute.  These are Taylor and Kadie's Thankful Trees.  We punched out a bunch of leaves and they wrote things they were thankful for on the leaves.  Each time they thought of something they were thankful for, they would run and grab a leaf and write it down.
We went to Star Valley for Thanksgiving.  (We got to bring my mother along.  She hadn't been to the Valley in a very long time.) It was quite the trip.  We saw two bald eagles, 5 moose (one on the road in front of us but we had plenty of time to stop), lots of deer, a few swans, and like 100 ducks.
This is the view out my father-in-law's front door.  Love it:
Some of the 100 ducks.  These were in Jackson Hole along the river.  They lined the bank for quite a ways.  Lee tried to scare them so they would all fly away at the same time but no luck:
As tradition dictates, we ate Thanksgiving at Grandpa and Grandma Andersen's house.  Kim is all plated up and ready to eat.  The food was delicious and I made yummy frosted pumpkin bars for dessert.
Lee's little brother Kevin stopped by with his girlfriend.  She is super awesome.  She can do the rubik cube in less than a minute!  I don't know anyone else who can even attempt to do one.
Dishing up with Grandma and Grandpa:
We got to tour Grandma Jane's new school up in Afton.  She let the girls use some of her Ipads and they had a blast.  This is what we could find them doing most of the time:
Lee's other little brother, Nolan, was also there for Thanksgiving.  We had a lot of fun getting to know him better since we haven't seen him much the past few years.  He was good with the girls and they had fun playing with their uncle.  Nolan and Lee took advantage of the time together and did some hiking:

We also got to spend some time with Grandpa 'Cows' as the girls call him since he is surrounded by cows from Uncle Ron's dairy farm.  The girls really enjoyed their Grandma Laurie and would grab her for games whenever they could.  They played hide-and-seek and their personal favorite, Hi-Ho Cherry O:
Kim wanted to try on Grandpa's Boots:
Kim tried to get involved in the game playing, but her older sisters didn't want her to eat the game pieces and she would follow them and point them out during hide-and-seek.  This is a shirt she got from Grandma Jane.  She wouldn't take it off for anything and cried when we finally took it off to wash:

No comments: