Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paying Tribute to the Porcelain Throne

 Kadie, Taylor and I all caught a nasty flu bug in the weeks following our party.  Poor Kadie came down with it first.  She got really sick the first day, but did okay after that.  She missed two days of school recuperating, but had a tummy ache that lasted almost a week.  I was the next unlucky winner of the flu bug.  I started out not feeling super on a Friday morning.  I had to cover the store for Lee for a while and it was not fun.  Picking up the girls from school was also super hard.  I drove the whole way there with my head out the window hoping the fresh air would help me feel better.  It went down hill from there.  I lost my cookies to the porcelain throne (after about a four year break), and more.  I think I pulled a back muscle doing so.  It was a miserable night of laying on the floor in pain both in my stomach and back.  I felt better around midnight, but didn't feel completely better for almost a week.   

Taylor became victim a few days later.  My poor girls.  I am grateful that we have them trained to either make a mad dash to the bathroom, or to use a bowl so we don't have killer clean-up.  She missed a day of school, but bounced back faster than Kadie or I did.
Thankfully, Kimmy and Lee did not get it.  Kim isn't "bowl" trained and we are without an employee at our store at the moment so it would have been difficult to handle the store if he got sick.  We rarely catch the flu bug so it is a bummer it caught us this year.  Glad we are all better (mostly...Kadie has a double ear infection at the moment).

No comments: